How To Preserve Your Kidneys
Decreasing animal protein and salt while increasing your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables is the first step to eating right with kidney disease. However, as your kidneys slow down, you will need to decrease phosphorus additives and potassium. Making all these changes to your diet can be challenging. The following 5 tips can help you get started.
- Choose And Prepare Foods With Less Salt And Sodium
- Eat the Right Amount and the Right Types of Protein
- Choose Foods that are Healthy for Your Heart
- Choose Foods with Less Phosphorus
- Choose Foods that Have the Right Amount of Potassium